Here you'll find open vacancies within my constituency or Westminster Offices. I am currently advertising for the below positions:
Job Title: Parliamentary/Executive Assistant
Working For: Jacob Young MP (Redcar)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Jacob Young MP is looking for a Parliamentary/Executive Assistant to join his busy Westminster office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in all aspects of an MP’s work ranging from basic research to organising constituency visits and supporting Jacob in his role as a Parliamentary Private Secretary for the new Department for Levelling Up, Communities and Local Government. The successful candidate will be dynamic, hardworking and eager to learn.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail. Especially important to be able to write succinct and engaging content.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Self-motivated, confident and resilient in the face of challenges
- Knowledge of Redcar & Cleveland area
- Understanding of the MPs interests, specifically in relation to his membership of APPGs
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Main duties include the following:
- Research local, regional or national issues to support the MP's parliamentary and constituency work, and prepare briefing notes
- Monitor media coverage
- Produce social media content and draft press releases and articles (on constituency, non-party-political matters)
- Administrative work, including managing the MPs Diary
- Organise and attend events with the MP in London, and take minutes
- Undertake some aspects of casework, including policy enquiries
- Provide support to all members of the team within the constituency
- Managing any sensitive data in accordance with data protection legislation
- Supervision of any interns/work experience in Westminster
There will occasionally be a requirement to work in the constituency and outside normal working hours.
Closing Date: 1 November 2021
Interviews as soon as possible. A candidate may be employed before the closing date so early application is encouraged.
Please send a CV and cover letter setting out how your experience fits the requirements for this role to email@example.com with the subject heading “Parliamentary/Executive Assistant”.